Outstanding Manilan Award is annual event by City Government of Manila to recognize its local residents who were born, raised, and studied for their positive contribution to the City of Manila.
The 2009 Outstanding Manilan Awardees are:
- Corazon Aquino for civic leadership and global diplomacy
- Sen. Manuel Villar, public service
- Marixi Rufino-Prieto, print media advocacy
- Henry Sy Sr., business development
- Eugenio Lopez III, telecommunications and broadcasting
- Regina Paz Lopez, environmental advocacy
- Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala, entrepreneurial leadership
- Miguel Enriquez, public service in tri-media
- Teresita Quirino, education
- George Ty, corporate social responsibility.
RFM Sports Center is owned by the RFM Foods Corporation. But other private groups or companies can rent out this facility either by hour or for a day.
They have two basketball courts available for rent.
You can contact RFM sports center:
See the photos and map of RFM Sports Center
Rizal Park is built in dedication to the Philippine’s National Hero Dr. Jose Rizal. It is located in Manila, bounded by four (4) major streets – Padre Burgos, Taft Avenue, Roxas Boulevard and TM Kalaw Sr.
It used to be originally called Bagumbayan (New Town) prior to the American occupation.
This was an unplanned shoot. My intention was to go to watch Aliw Festival in Quirino Grandstand, and take photos there of a cultural dance competition held last April 25, 2009. I took several shots, but these are the better ones.
See the other photos and location map of Rizal Park in Manila:
Google is getting better and better, and on their way to world domination. They have new service called Google Web Elements, and embeding maps on websites is one of them.